Thursday 9 April 2009

"You're still smiling"

So having finally got round to using this childminding qualification thingy, two little boys (brothers) aged 11 months and 3 years to add to the growing brood of children in his house, I have survived my first four days. Their lovely mum brought hot cross buns as an Easter gift this evening when picking them up, and enquired how - after a long day (9 hours) with either an extra one or two boys in the house (the youngest is full time, the elder part time) - I manage to still be smiling at the end of the day.

It's the same feeling I used to get when 4.50pm would approach when I was languishing behind my desk during my (incredibly boring) days at an insurance brokers - a quick aside, I worked with a younger man who had the knack of making me laugh every day, the pranks we got up to were legendary but I think our crowning moment was having him "ordained" as a minister over the internet and performing several "inter office" marriages one day when we were the only two people in our department - the feeling of "it's nearly home time".

That and copious amounts of caffeine.........

1 comment:

A Modern Mother said...

Well done you! I'd have lots of coffee too.